Dress 9: Things My Grandmother Gave Me

14.1.11



Chez Joanna is still on quarantine.  And no one here is feeling bright and shiny!  So, yes I am spending another day  looking unfit for public viewing (just ask my in-laws who popped in briefly).  So, it's back to my bag of magic to bring you another dress I wore, but saved for an emergency such as this *because heaven knows this is an emergency right?*

By now everyone knows that I love dresses far more than the average woman, so it follows that two things I love are leggings and tights as they allow me to wear dresses year round and not just the 3 months out of the year that it's nice outside in Canada.   My second love?  Boots!  There is no such thing as a boot I've met that I didn't like.  And if I could I would own upwards of 50 of those, but I don't.  I own a lot though...and I love each and every pair.  So, I usually put the two together - dresses and boots - 'cause you know what?  It's so easy!
 
On a side note, these are porcelain earrings that I made myself.  Now, I'm not too skilled at making my own jewelry, but I do enjoy the freedom to make exactly what I want.   And I love the retro feel of these - vintage without the price tag.  Everytime I look at these it also reminds of all the tilework I saw when in Spain, and Spain always gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.  Mmmmm....Spain....

Now my Grandmother, or Babcia, recently flew in from Poland.  And as always she brought lots of goodies for me.  One of which is this lovely rose brooch that I attached to my cardigan.  I think we as women have lost some of the glamour of wearing jewelry well.  And, though I'm not trying to say that I do it well, I want to bring back brooches and statement pieces.  I don't think we raid our Babcias closets as often as we should.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ModaMama All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger