Dress 45: What Do You Wear When No One's Looking?

8.3.11

Shirt - Smart Set; Dress & Sunglasses - F21; Scarf - Thrifted; Jacket - Jacob; Bag - Matt by Matt&Nat
A close-up of the dress without the fixin's
What do you wear when no one's looking?  Do you resort to sweatpants, jeans, lulus? Do you walk around in the buck?  *That's also a style choice, albeit a chilly one*  It's a question I've been thinking about since I spend much of my day with an eight month old, working from home, and random strangers I see while running errands who couldn't care less about what I wear.  Husband couldn't care less what I wear, in fact he'd prefer if I opted for the chilly option above. *boys!* But I've come to the conclusion that I need to dress for myself - even if no one is looking.  Even if the day's big events are a trip out to buy hangers and read my blogs on the net. 

Plus *and this is in addition to the above* we need to dress for our spouse a little too.  I saw a documentary about a Muslim woman and she said she covers herself in public in part because she saves her beauty for her husband.  I like that notion.  When we're at home, all too often we get sloppy.  We put no effort into how we look for our partners.  Yes, there are PJ days.  Yes, there are frumpy days.  Yes, it's still about casual and comfortable around the house.  No, I'm not saying get out the Tux.  I am saying to put a little effort into staying attractive....that goes for both partners.  Equally.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ModaMama All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger