Peter Parker Am I

10.5.11


Vest - H&M; Shirt -?; Jeans - Guess; Earrings - F21; Boots - Ruche
I can relate to Peter Parker - not the super powers due to a spider bite thing, though I do rock at Super Mom even on little sleep - but the whole nerd-never-gets-the-girl thing.  No, I'm not after a girl.  The girl is the metaphorical griffin of life.   I often feel like the underdog - but that's cool 'cause every dog gets his day.  I'm not the life of the party, or the one everyone gravitates to; I'm the one who watches and listens and snags the chocolate covered strawberries from the buffet table.  And I'm happy being that person - chocolate covered strawberries are good.  No pressure to please, and also no worries.  I like to sit back and watch what happens.  Turning the spotlight on me often makes me nervous.  That's why I like to act, I guess.  'Cause it's not me up there it's a different character. 

In high school I remember having those self-confidence issues we all have.  Wanting to be that girl.  You know, the one every guy liked and every girl wanted to be.  But now I'm happy I wasn't.  That's a lot of pressure to live up to.  And that's a lot of eyes looking at you and judging.  I had good friends and got to geek out all I wanted. 

And that has continued to this day.  I'm still not that girl, but I'm the girl in the corner talking to some dudes about BSG, Firefly and Star Trek vs Star Wars over an old scotch.  And you know what?  That's company I like.  I understand that language. Those are my peeps.  And I've got a lot to say about Boba Fett.

3 thoughts:

  1. Nice post! Glad I found this blog!

    If you're into photography, check out mine. I'm a photographer!

    www.electricbrandon.com

    If you want, follow it and I'll do the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the nerdy spidey shirt! you styled it well with the chic blazer and fitted jeans.
    oldirtyd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ModaMama All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger