Random Sundays: Last Blast in NYC

17.7.11

Heading out from my sister's.
I'm finally back today.  I got in very early and I'm a little delirious from the exhaustion.  But happy.  I loved New York, but I have to say that I wouldn't want to live there.  First off, the roaches.  I can't stand those.  But more so, it's about Baby.  I know people raise kids in the city and do so very well, but for me there's not enough green space.  Yes, there's the park, but other than that most playgrounds are jungle-jims with concrete.  I like that two minutes walk from my house in one direction there's a pond, and in the other a park with green grass and swings.  And more importantly, that I have a backyard and not just a balcony.  Again, that's just my opinion.  You may disagree, and that's totally cool.

These are things I never would've thought about earlier, but I notice them now.  So New York, you're awesome and so much fun, but let's just be friends and nothing more serious than that.

Because as far as fun, New York was great.   Here's a few more pics of my last day's adventure.

At a greasy spoon diner for brunch.

I love a greasy brunch!  Mmmm....bacon....coffee.

Saturday flea market in Park Slope.

Vintage pin-ups anyone?
And the best part?  Pie at 4&20 Black Birds.  Delicious!!

True Story:  
Someone, not naming any names, decided that it was a reeeeally good idea to poo during her bath today.  And then got reeeeally upset when I immediately took her out of the dirty bath water.

4 thoughts:

  1. I totally agree with you about living in places with greenery, and I love the idea of having a house with a backyard. Unfortunately, singapore is a concrete jungle, and I stay in an apartment with no balcony! Only those well to do can afford houses with yards here due to high housing prices. And we are talking about millions here. Anyway, happy for you that you had a wonderful holiday:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so unfortunate! It gets me upset when i hear about things like that. Green space and nature should be for everyone, not just the well-to-do. And don't get me started on the high prices of healthy food! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo. I wish I had come across your blog before you had your Vaca, I would have suggested you use City Maps, it just came out and I am dying to try it out myself! Looks like you had a great time though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to keep it in mind for next time!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ModaMama All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger