Slightly Altered

11.10.11


Is it a top, or a dress? It's a mystery!  No, really it's not.  Read on.


I really like this dress, but it's actually really short on me.  Doesn't look it in the picture because I'm not moving at all. But it's so short, that now that I'm a little older I shouldn't be wearing it.  But I really do love the pattern and cut.  So rather than give it away or stash it, I decided to alter it.

*side note: best outfit shots ever!  check out Baby!*



Top - F21 *altered*; Blazer - Esprit; Belt - AE; Jeans - Guess; Shoes - Payless.

Made it into a shirt!  I'm not a very handy woman.  But I do have some minor sewing skills.  I don't however, own a sewing machine.  So I asked my lovely Mama and she was more than willing to hem this little number for me.

Now it's a really cute top!

P.S.  Sorry no Tuesday In Review today.  I promise I'll get back on track next week!

Quote of Today:
"Pumpkin everything!"

10 thoughts:

  1. Very creative! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you refashioned your dress into a skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pishposh about being a little older and thus it getting too short! I do, however, love it as a shirt!! So many people would just turn it into skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pish posh - love it! I'm going to have to use that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a cute new shirt you have! I love the floral pattern and the way the pockets fit in so well for a top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your hat. Where did you buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lauren! I got the hat off shopruche.com.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog, too. Thank you so much, Joanna.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice and simple--just the way I like it. I don't have much sewing skills either, but I can definitely take your cue and do something to my dresses that are too short. Thanks for the inspiration!

    -Pheobe
    pballoonjournal2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your photo with the roses beside you.It's very colorful :D

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ModaMama All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger