Inappropriate Things I Say

21.12.11




Top - F21; Dress - Lulus; Ring - Spotted Moth; Tights - Hue; Boots - Locale.

Oh goodness gracious my mouth gets me in trouble!  I'm one of those people who just says things, sometimes without thinking.   I say them because I think they're funny, or true, or odd.  But sometimes I don't realize what I'm saying until it's far too late, and I can't take it back.  I realize an hour afterwards that what I said could be totally interpreted in another way - a mean way, or inappropriate way.  And that's not where I'm coming from at all.  I don't mean anyone ill will, unless you're that idiot on the crowded bus who's shouting into his cellphone like the person is two football stadiums away. And even then, I don't wish him ill will....maybe a hemorrhoid or two. But otherwise, I very much believe in live and let live. I just wish my mouth would get on board.

Really.  Please?  Will you just once, co-operate please?

I say stupid things a lot: wise-cracks, smart ass comments, sarcasms, inappropriate examples, dirty jokes, must I go on? Things that I regret or cringe at when I'm trying to fall asleep, and wish I could take back because they were stupid, dumb, embarrassing, TMI, or really just take your pick.  I wish that I could learn to hold my tongue.  I've been on this planet a certain number of years, and I still haven't gotten the hang of it. 

I'm just thankful for the friends I have that have learned to see past this little flaw quirk of mine, and see that I'm fiercely loyal, trustworthy, dependable and well-meaning.  I have and will drop everything if a friend's in need and be there to support you if you need it.  Just ignore the things I say which might be stupid, dumb, embarrassing, TMI, or really just take your pick.


Quote of Today:
"Take the dinosaur out of your face"

5 thoughts:

  1. Me too Joanna, I thought I was the only one with this problem. You're in good company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that bad habit too sometimes but I have learned to hold my tongue, especially at school. I love the dress on you and the way it moves. The poodle sweater is super adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit. The dress is amazing and you look fantastic.

    I kinda wish I had your problem. I am usually over cautious with my words and leave too many things unsaid...I'm trying to learn to speak up and stop letting moments pass by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm realizing that because of my mama brain, too much going on in my head, and lack of sleep, I, too, say things that could be interpreted in a totally different way. *sigh*

    In other news, I LOVE this look. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ModaMama All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger