Random Sundays: Quinoa Salad

19.2.12


I love a simple healthy delicious meal and that's why I like this quinoa salad.  You just make a whole bunch and keep it in the fridge for when you're feeling peckish.  And it's so simple!

Cook quinoa: 2 parts water for every 1 part quinoa - bring to boil and simmer covered until water is gone.
 Let cool.
Then chop up a whole bunch of fresh parsley *I like to grab a huge couple of fistuls* , lots of cucumber *about half- 3/4 of a large one*, one tomatoe and one red pepper.  Mix it all in with the quinoa.  Then I pour in a crap load of good quality olive oil *tons and tons until it's well saturated but not soupy* and the juice of a lemon *or two depending on how tangy you like it*.  Yum!

I don't follow a recipe so much as put in as much as I want of each thing depending on what I want that day - more cucumber, more red pepper, etc, etc.

1 thoughts:

  1. That looks absolutely delicious! I am not a big fan of " healthy" food but one time I tried this salad at my cousin's dinner party and I love it. Very rare that something so healthy could be actually delicious.

    Enjoy the rest of the long weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ModaMama All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger