At Home

19.3.12





Sweater & Leaf Necklace - F21
Birdcage Necklace - c/o This Enchanted Pixie
Boots - Locale
Dress - From Ruche (sold out). Similar from Lace Affair.

I sometimes long for that perfect uniform that defines me, finding something that is the perfect expression of who I am and how I wish to be perceived.  I've written before about how I feel like a wild swinging pendulum in that respect, but I've also realized that I do have an outfit, or combination, where I feel most comfortable.  It's boots and a dress.  A great dress and a comfortable, and cool, pair of boots are when I feel most myself and most relaxed.  I think it's the femininity and softness of a dress, combined with the laid-back ease of boots that appeals.  That's where I feel most at home.

Jeans and a t-shirt come no where close to making me feel this comfortable.  

I'd love to hear what combo makes you feel at home?

Quote of Today:
"She's a touch OCD about the Cheerios."


4 thoughts:

  1. I much prefer a flowy dress. However, I live in jeans. Maybe I would feel more confident/beautiful if I dressed in what makes me feel at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sweater. The color is my fav!
    xoxo
    Mandy
    http://littlemaison.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color of the sweater. It is interesting how certain clothes put us at ease, for me it's a full skirt/dress with colorful flats

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer a simple top, a knit or cotton skirt, and a pair of comfy flats or flip flops. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ModaMama All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger