I Need To Get This Out Of My System

5.3.12



Sweater - thrifted
Skirt - Ruche
Leaf Necklace & Earrings - Ruche
Scarf - Le Chateau
Tights, Chain Necklace, & Socks - F21
Boots - Locale

Okay so pardon me while I dwell on something that isn't really all that important.

See this skirt?  It arrived that morning and I immediately wore it even though it was wrinkled.  I was totally in love with it.  Then later that night I was steaming it and suddenly about halfway through the steaming process it melted a 5 inch hole right into it!  I was so completely bummed, I didn't know what to do with myself!  I double checked the tag and it said nothing about iron low or anything like that - just hand wash cold, lay flat to dry' - and I don't have the fabric expertise to know how an item should be treated just by looking at it.  I'm just a dumb bum who screwed up. So that's the story of how I have lost my new favorite skirt on the very first day I got it.  Yup, I'm really sad.

So if you get it, or you've got it, learn from me.  Iron or steam on super low with a cloth between the iron and the fabric.  Wish I'd known that before.

*yes, I know there are real problems in the world, even in my life, so I do realize how self-indulgent this being bummed about a skirt is. Hence the first line disclaimer.   That's why I'm writing this post, getting it out of my system and moving on...or trying to*

6 thoughts:

  1. Oh no! Sorry to hear about your skirt :( You should keep your eye open for a cute vintage-y patch to maybe save the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NO! I have done this before and it is SUCH a bummer. You have every right to be upset about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have the same skirt - thanks for the tip :) ...but i'm sorry yours got ruined!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I would totally do the same. But you do look absolutely lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ModaMama All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger