When The Walls Come Down

19.12.12



Dress - Lace Affair  //  Sweater - Kensie  //  Fringe Cardi - Reverse 
Necklace - Threadsence  //  Tights - HUE  //  Booties - Walmart  //  Headband - The Trendy Owl

Sometimes the very notion of something fitted and something directly touching my skin and creating any friction is repellent.  On those days I turn to loose, flowing layers and gentle, soft fabrics.  If something must touch my skin it better be a soft and serene graze.

I don't think it's a coincidence that on those days I also reach for florals, cozy blankets, tea, and comforting books.   Sometimes our adult thick skin wears a bit thin and we need to feel safe and comforted.  A lazy walk with a cute little girl doesn't hurt either.

True Story:
Andrew was working on fixing the window in Baby Girl's room.  
She decided to show off by climbing into her crib.  Once inside she wanted out.  
Andrew, knowing she was well contained in there, kept delaying and putting her off.  
When he finally lifted her out of the crib and set her down.  
She looked him right in the eyes, gave him a big smile, and smacked him a good one on the arm. 
Then she ran off fully satisfied that he got his comeuppance.

10 thoughts:

  1. Love that cardigan! I'm in the search for a perfect one myself! And I cannot believe about Baby Girl, how insane! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, she's hysterical! What a personality!

    And you look adorable!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is actually very, very charming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm obsessed with the floral shawl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty outfit! I found your blog via Bex's link up post - Never done this link up malarky before so hopefully it should be fun :) x

    www.inspire-magazine-online.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from the “I love my post” blog hop. I'm obsessed with all things Kensie..love that brand and your cardigan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that sweater/shawl!

    xx
    www.naturally-christina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ModaMama All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger