Repeat, Repeat, Repeat *And a New Link Up announced*

1.10.13




Sweater - Smart Set //  Tank & Jeans - Gap  //  Boots - Feet First  //  Necklace - c/o Atterley Road  //  Scarf - c/o Sexton In The City  //  Ring - Body Blue Toronto  //  Bag - unknown

People often ask me if it's okay to repeat outfits.  And my answer is always, "Of Course!"  If you find a great combo use it.  Use it and re-work it, repeat it, whatever.  Often just changing a necklace or earrings is enough to add some freshness.  I do this all the time.  Mix up pieces I'm loving and re-wearing fun outfits.  There's nothing wrong with it. 

We seem to have this idea that everyday has to be new and different.  But think about those things we love:  our favorite book, favorite movie, favorite grandma's stew.  We love them because they're great and they never change.  I don't see the problem with a great outfit either.

NEW LINK UP!  On that note, I've been wanting to do a fun link up for a long time.  And I've finally got the idea for one.  With Thursday being the unofficial start of  the weekend, and with the weekend being a time when we feel it's okay to break some rules, I'm going to be hosting a Thursday link-up all about breakin' the rules in fashion. *'Cause I don't really think there are any*  Link up starts next Thursday October 10th.  I hope you join me.

And the first rule I want you to break is : No white after labor day.  So antiquated.  Let's show 'em how fabulous we look breakin' all the rules.  Style an outfit that breaks this rule and link up next Thursday.  Easy peasy!

*linking up with Style Sessions and WIWW*

19 thoughts:

  1. Looking forward to your link-up Joanna! I think fashion rules need breaking every once in awhile!

    Danielle at Framed Frosting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you join me :) I'd love to see you doing it too.

      Delete
  2. Girl, red is definitely your color. I'm loving this outfit :) And I love your idea for this link-up! Brilliant! Definitely count me in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! And I can't wait to see what you come up with!

      Delete
  3. I love this look - pinning it! Also, would love to join the link-up if I can get my act together and cook up a post ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I'd love it if you could. You have all week, and then the link-up will be open for a few days afterwards...so hopefully I can see you break some rules :)

      Delete
  4. I love this look - pinning it! Also, would love to join the link-up if I can get my act together and cook up a post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look - pinning it! Also, would love to join the link-up if I can get my act together and cook up a post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look...so good for fall!!! Boots and skinnies with a sweater are the perfect fall look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your outfit. It looks amazing!!! I was going to do a post about white after labor day and I still might. I love white for winter, especially in fl where there is no snow. I like to pretend I am snow with white on in winter. =]

    Speaking of new link ups I have a few ideas but I need a few co-hosts. If you want to join in let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful photos, you are effortlessly beautiful and I love the background, you look so serene!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely outfit! The color palette is adorable!
    Looking forward for those fashion-rule-breaking Thurdays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous outfit!

    Thank you for linking up with Style Sessions!

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ModaMama All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger