A Necessary Barrier From the World

13.11.13




Cardi - Free People  //  Tank - Love Nail Tree  //  Infinity Scarf - Look by M  //  Boots - Feet First  //  Necklace - Threadsence

Our city is going crazy.  Our current mayor *Rob Ford - google him...no seriously, do it. You'll see what I mean* is making Toronto a laughing stock.  Seriously, I don't know how he's still in office. 

On these jaded and cynical days, I end up reaching for soft, loose, and chunky things.  Perhaps I'm unconsciously trying to create a protective barrier between myself and those things that have me feeling like our world is going down the crapper. 
Perhaps, it's not so unconscious. 

This tank from Love Nail Tree also fits.  The design is a commentary on the American dream - the perversion and decay of it more accurately.   So perhaps, while I reach for a protective barrier, I also can not quiet the instinct in me to not go quietly into that gentle night, if only through the use of a wise graphic tee. 


5 thoughts:

  1. Love the tee. Every time I see Rob mentioned in the news I shake my head. I don't know people like that don't get removed or, as an alternative, die in their seats of shame. I guess they have none!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I really don't know how he thinks he is still competent to hold office.

      Delete
  2. Love this!
    and aren't we all shaking our heads right now? geez.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It's just deplorable that he's still in office.

      Delete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ModaMama All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger