Dress 6: Don't "Bond...James Bond" Me

10.1.11

Black dress, red lipstick = priceless

Husband pretending to be Mr. Photographer ruins my "all-cool" composure.  Dress - H&M; Leggings - Forever XXI; Boots - Browns Couture; Lipstick - Joe Fresh "apple"

Okay, so first off I know I said I don't like turtlenecks, and that is still the general rule.  But as we all know, every rule has an exception.  And this dress is the exception to that rule.  I love the simplicity and retro feel of this dress.

On a side note, you must, must get yourself at least one pair of these tights. They're nylon leggings from Forever XXI but I consider them tights because they're a little too sheer to not have your butt covered. They feel great - not too tight and not too loose, and they make your legs look good - which is always a plus!  They're about $5.50 a pair and they come in several necessary colors! I got them not too long ago in a few of the colors and already am in love.  If you like to wear dresses and skirts year round I recommend investing a few pairs of these.

The red lipstick is the main fashion accessory here.

I was thinking earlier that this dress makes me feel like a Bond Girl.  But then I got to thinking about it, and no, I don't want to be a Bond Girl.  I'd want to be Moneypenny.  Think about it.  Yeah, she's just the secretary, but she's witty and resourceful and much smarter than the Bond Girls because she never sleeps with Bond.  All the other women sleep with him and are either dead in the next act, or if they survive to the end, they're gone by the next movie.  Moneypenny gets all the flirtation and fun without dying or dissappearing.  So yeah, I'll be Miss Moneypenny - Bond is fun to look at but he's far too fickle for me anyway.

Sell, stash, or save?

7 thoughts:

  1. Save, for definite. Anything that makes you feel that great you always save!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call. You're completely right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Save! Fits like a dream, looks great on you.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your thinking--I especially liked Moneypenny as played by Naomie Harris in Skyfall. And her wardrobe! Killer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Plus, I secretly think Moneypenny is aiming for Bond's gig. I could get behind that too!

      Delete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ModaMama All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger