Reveries in Silence

23.4.13





Top -Gentlefawn  //  Jacket - FreeWay via Lace Affair  //  Jeans - Gap  //  Shoes - Aldo  //  Necklace - c/o TwillyPop

Toronto is a big city.  The fourth largest in North America.  It's busy, noisy, alive, and ever moving. Yet, in this busy, and at times chaotic city, there is an order that is predictable and fastidiously kept.   The business district on a Sunday afternoon for instance.  Since I'm freelance/ self-employed I have no set schedule and often don't think about the impact of such a thing. But when I found this deserted square in the ghostly silent business district I was harshly reminded of the routine that most people keep.  It was a potent pathetic fallacy that the concrete, stones, and streets keep the same hours as it's inhabitants.

So there I stood, an outsider to this fluid rhythm of life. My camera the only companion to this moment of reverie.

15 thoughts:

  1. Aahh, those shoes are fabulous! I also love the pop of color in the jacket - I'm typically afraid to wear neon anything, but I think I could manage it on the trim like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous jacket!!! Love love love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great jacket! the trim is really pretty.

    -Emma from little motley

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what an amazing jacket!! love it paired with the jeans and white shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously LOVE that jacket! Stopping by from Real Girl Style...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is funny how down-towns get deserted on weekends. If you went there between 8 and 9 on a weekday, you'd be thronged by people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That jacket is just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay I WANT that jacket, so unique but so gorgeous. Love this outfit so much! Visiting your site from the Pleated Poppy, happy Wednesday :)

    -Suzanne, Strivingonward.com, a community for empowering women

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. Your jacket is seriously spectacular. I love it on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have heard Toronto is gorgeous! It's definitely on my (long) list of places to visit!

    I love that gorgeous jacket - it's so feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That coat is fabulous!! I saw that you linked up with Style Sessions, I'd love for you to check out my blog hop: www.mythriftychic.com/2013/06/anything-everything-blog-hop.html

    Thanks!!

    Tori

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ModaMama All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger