Heat Wave Dressing

18.7.13




Dress - Lace Affair //  Shoes - ModCloth  //  Bag & Necklace -  Threadsence  //  Bracelets & Sunnies  - F21

We're in the middle of a heat wave here.  And when forced to wear clothes I am reaching for light, white, and as little as possible.  So this simple dress seemed perfect.  And of course I couldn't resist wearing out my fabulous new purse.  I've been eying it for a while, but when it went on a super duper sale, I didn't think twice!  I love a purse that has so much detail and texture. It's shiny faux leather on the sides, fabric down the front and back, and the top orange flap is a kind of furry faux animal skin.  

Weird and funky pieces seem to be drawing me in recently.  I don't think it'll stop.  I think I'm going through a slight style transition.  Much further away from the sweeter dressing in the past, towards I don't know what.  We'll see.

*linking up with I Love My Post, Fab Favorites, and   Passion For Fashion*

19 thoughts:

  1. Such a cute casual outfit. Perfect for this hot weather indeed!

    XO Imke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yup, it's exactly what needs to be worn in this humidity and heat. Light and breezy :)

      Delete
  2. beautiful! love it. your style is impeccable

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely style. I love your shoes and jewelry <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Would you believe I scored these shoes for $&?!?!

      Delete
  4. The dress is so simple and cute...the accessories really dress it up!
    Debbie :)
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yeah, when it's hot I just gravitate to simple things, the simpler the better. It seems more cool somehow.

      Delete
  5. I love this. It looks very cool, which is what I need. If it isn't raining, it's HOT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, love a white dress in the summer. I'm a new follower from I Love My Post Hop.

    justrach.com xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following! You're too kind. I hope you love the site. And I look forward to getting to know you :)

      Delete
  7. OMG - that bag is stunning! I love your cute, lightweight, sensible outfit. =) It's something I'd wear in my area since it's hot here all the time. You look super gorgeous! =)
    ~Callie
    www.creationsbycallie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Callie. Thanks! Yeah I am really in love with this bag. And it was super on sale too. Thank you everyone else for hating it! It's really hot and humid here right now, so I'm trying to be chic yet as light as possible. It's hard, I tell you!

      Delete
  8. Wow, loving how this seems so fresh and comfy :)

    Abby
    Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  9. You definitely beat the heat in this look, girl!
    I don't know about you, but it was 5 here this morning...coldest July 25th ever, apparently! ;)
    Thanks for linking up for Passion For Fashion, hope to see you back tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh right after the heat wave, was a cold snap and I had to bring my jackets back out. Seriously!!! What is with this crazy weather???

      Delete
  10. such a pretty white dress! I am loving that necklace!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Got that necklace on a super blowout sale. Love fun deals like this.

      Delete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ModaMama All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger